Monday, June 1, 2009

And so it begins...

Ever since I was five I've been looking for Mr. Right. When I was around 10 or so, I started to give up. I still consider my biggest accomplishment in the love department to be convincing a boy I had a crush on when I was 8 that he liked me better than my best friend. Unfortunately, that was about the last time that happened. My love life has been a series of unfortunate events. Sometimes I wonder if the universe is laughing at me, mocking my inability to find someone to stick around for more than a week. Despite the universe's sick sense of humor, I maintain my optimism that someday, all this crap will be worth it because I will find someone who enjoys every ounce of weirdness I contribute to this earth. 
Everyone has their own journey through love, mine just happens to be slightly dysfunctional which is why I've chosen to share it. I'm sure others out there have equally or more dysfunctional love stories as I do, and I can't wait to hear them. Some of my stories are funny, some are so depressing the only thing you can do is laugh and some are downright awful. The great thing about them is they're reality. Love is messy and finding someone to love you can be ridiculously painful. It's also incredibly amazing when it happens. 
I don't have my happily ever after yet and I'm not sure that my prince is ever going to ride up on his white horse and save me, but hey, heres hoping! My story doesn't have an ending yet so enjoy the past, the present and what I hope will be the future of my love life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment