Saturday, June 13, 2009

Thrust To The Beat, AJ

Homecoming was seriously awkward, but in that 'I'm 16 so I love it' kind of way.  I was dressed in a one shoulder black dress with pink pipping that fell in uneven ruffles near my calves. My sister had done my hair and makeup and I looked pretty damn good. I anxiously awaited AJ and Robs arrival to Bree's house. When they walked in, Rob came over to Vicki, kissed her and told her how nice she looked. AJ slowly walked up towards me. "You look beautiful" He said quietly. The flush of red from my blushing spread quickly down my face, through my chest. Even when AJ uncomfortably slid my corsage onto my wrist, I was elated. We all went to a chinese restaurant to eat before the dance (since smelling like an Asian restaurant is really attractive).  As we sat in the restaurant, my heart started beating quickly and I felt nervous. Everyone else I was with was dating and they were all comfortable with each other. AJ and I sat in silence. 
"So...what are you going to eat?" I asked. I still wasn't quite sure if he spoke English or not. I mean, he had told me I was beautiful but maybe he rehearsed that from a phrase book or something? He looked at me and smiled. Um, maybe he can't speak English, I thought to myself unhappily.  When the waitress came around, he simply pointed at the beef and broccoli dish on the menu. Oh shit. I spent the majority of the dinner trying to jump in on conversations with my friends because I couldn't bring myself to turn to the boy next to me and just talk to him. His presence next to me was making my stomach flutter constantly. 
At the dance, all my friends paired off and went to the dance floor. I don't know about other high schools, but at ours, 'dancing' even at formals was really code for dry humping in a vertical position. 'Grinding' as my friends called it. I was so nervous because I had never been to a dance before and I was so self-conscious I was worried I wouldn't do it right. Not that anyone watches in a mass of 400 teenagers. I stood uneasily on the edge of the pack of hormones that was the dance floor and glanced sideways at AJ. He looked at me and I felt my heart bounce up into my throat. 
"Do you want to dance?" He asked, in quiet, but clear English. Apparently he does speak. I was a little worried he wouldn't know how to properly dance in American fashion given that he was foreign and all but apparently dry humping is fairly universal.
After an extended period of him thrusting his pelvis into my back, I yelled over the noise of R.
Kelly's 'Ignition' that I needed a drink. AJ came with me and as we walked towards the drinking fountain, he took my hand. Amazing, I thought, reflecting on the incredible feeling that had taken residence in my body. We held hands the rest of the night. Even as we thrust our genitals towards each other on the dance floor. It was quite romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment